Our shopping cart system now has native support for purchase of Electronic Products! This is an exciting feature. They are also really easy to set up. Here is a step-by-step rundown:
1. Go into the "File Manager" and create a folder to hold the new e-product. For this example, we will call it "myproduct"
2. Click on the newly created folder to open it:
3. Upload some files, then check "Add Folder Security" and click "Update" -- this will secure the folder so that only users who have purchased the product may access it.
4. Go to the product screen, add a new item that you'd like to turn into an e-product, give it a name, click the "Files" tab, and fill in the folder name.
5. Click the "Price" tab and turn off shipping calculation for this product, unless it also includes physical goods.
6. Add a variant, and set the price for the e-product.
Congratulations! You now have a fully functional e-product. If someone purchases this with PayPal, they will receive access codes without any manual interaction from the vendor. If they use a different payment option, the access codes will be sent at the time the payment is received.